Sunday 3 July 2011

Review: Redken 'Smooth Down' Shampoo and Conditioner


After constantly fighting a losing battle with my hair I decided to purchase a shampoo and conditioner that would specifically concentrate on the awful 'frissy hair syndrome' I seem to becoming so accustomed too!
 I had heard so many wonderful things about the Redken brand itself and the 'Smooth Down' range seemed to suit me best.
 My hair is very fine but it also has a tendency to become frizzy. I also have a lot of 'baby hairs' which seem to fly away a lot too!
 The 'Smooth Down' range is designed for people with dry and/or frizzy hair which often becomes a nuisance to them. It aims to create glossy, smooth and healthy hair.
 As soon as I received the parcel containing my new Redken products; I was so anxious to use them!
 The way the bottles have been designed are somewhat ingenious. The shape of the bottles makes them really easy to grip! I know that may seem like a very unimportant factor but once you're in the shower or bath they are incredibly easy to 'grab' without panic that they might slip and slide everywhere! I also noticed the quantity of each product. The conditioner is 250ml and the shampoo is 300ml. Although this may seem a little strange at first, my belief is, they made it that way so you finish the products at the same time which is incredibly useful. Nothing is worse than when you can't experience a whole treatment and have to dig out your old conditioner whilst still using the shampoo!
 Once I had poured some of the shampoo onto my hand, I noticed how well it then lathered up in my hair. I really did not need a lot of product for it to go far! I massaged it into my scalp and left it for a  few minutes before rinsing. I then continued with the conditioner which again showed I didn't need a lot for it to go far. I decided to leave the conditioner in for longer as it is important to get the most from it.
 After I had finished the whole treatment and my hair had dried I was so impressed by the outcome. Even without the use of any treatments in between, my hair felt glossy, smooth and magically all the frizz seemed to have tamed!
 I cannot recommend this product enough. If you are not used to buying such luxury or high end products then yes, this may seem a little too pricey but I feel I can go as far as saying, I haven't found a shampoo or conditioner that really does smooth my hair as much as this one!
 I hope you are all well.
 Lots of Love.
 Jessica. x

No comments:

Post a Comment